The temperature in Chicago is about to plumet. Out come the winter jackets, the gigantic scarves and the sub zero snow boots. Just because the temperatures drop it doesn't mean you can't find fun (and warm) activities to do in Chicago with your girlfriends!
Despite the sometimes frigid and often times windy weather in Chicago - there's plenty to do inside and outside! Here's some of our top suggestions!
- Skate the Ribbon at Maggie Daley Park! You'll need to bundle up, and you know, know how to ice skate - but the Maggie Daley Park Skating Ribbon is a fun activity to do with your girlfriends! Plenty of prime photo ops and a little bit of exercise! Admission to the park is free and if you have your own skates it can be a totally free afternoon! Otherwise, skate rentals $13-$15 depending on the day. You can even rent a locker for $2 to stash your purse! The park opens Mid November!
- ZooLights at Lincoln Park Zoo! Ok - in Austin, TX - we have the Trail of Lights! But Chicago has it's own awesome light show! Head to Lincoln Park Zoo with your friends and venture through all the Christmas lights that adorn the zoo! Another outdoor one, but there's nothing more fun than gathering your girls and catching some sparkly photos in the park! We highly recommend making this a tradition - or Check out The B Hive Apiary Chicago Hive for our ZooLights Tradition!
- Put your Leiderhosen on and head to the Christkindlmarket! This is a classic Chicago tradition for many - and its a great way to meet up with your friends and share in some Christmas Cheer! Grab a souvenir mug (they release a new one every year!) and snap some photos in front of the tree! There are two locations in Chicago - one at Daley Plaza and another in Wrigleyville!
- Act like a kid and head to Winter Wonderfest at Navy Pier! The Winter Wonderfest is INDOORS! And is filled with fun rides, family friendly activities and plenty of things to do with your friends. Not to mention you get the great views of the city from the pier! We're all about acting like a kid and enjoying some of the family friendly events in Chicago! Don't forget your camera - you'll want to take photos of the decorations!
- Head to The Walnut Room at Macy's on State Street. A Holiday tradition for over 100 years - the Great Tree at the Walnut Room is a fantastic way to gather the girls and have a delicious dinner or lunch. It really is a time honored tradition in Chicago and something you shouldn't miss!
There are so many other things to do in Chicago during the winter time with your friends! From museums to cocktail bars to Restaurant Week! We want to know - what are your favorite things to do with your girlfriends when the temps drop in Chicago!?
Want to make new friends in Chicago? Join The B Hive Apiary! Membership is free and you can register here.